The Commission Grievance Administrator & Staff Contact Us
» Home
» Commission Jurisdiction and Authority
» How to File a Request for Investigation
» The Investigative Process
» Pro Hac Vice
» Confidentiality of AGC Investigations
» Frequently Asked Questions
» Criminal Conviction Notification
» Trust Account Overdraft Notification (TAON)
» TAON Frequently Asked Questions
» New MRPC Rules & Amendments, effective January 1, 2011
» AGC Statistics
» Links of Interest







How to File a Request for Investigation

Anyone may file a Request for Investigation against an attorney licensed by the State Bar of Michigan, or otherwise permitted by a court to practice in the state, by completing and signing the AGC’s Request for Investigation form or by sending in a signed letter. THE FORM OR LETTER MUST BE SIGNED AND SUFFICIENTLY DESCRIBE THE ALLEGED MISCONDUCT (INCLUDING APPROXIMATE TIME AND PLACE). The Request for Investigation may include copies of any relevant documents or transcripts. A Request for Investigation must contain an original signature therefore, Requests for Investigation are not accepted electronically or by facsimile.

A copy of the Request for Investigation form can be requested by calling the AGC at (313) 961-6585, or can be downloaded by clicking here. Requests for Investigation and any accompanying documents can be sent to:

Michigan Attorney Grievance Commission
535 Griswold, Suite 1700
Detroit, MI 48226

The Grievance Administrator may also institute an investigation on his own based upon knowledge gained from other ways, such as news articles, court opinions, or information received in the course of a disciplinary investigation.

Click for Request for Investigation Form...

Attorney Grievance Commission, Buhl Building - 535 Griswold, Suite 1700, Detroit, MI 48226